Happy 9 months to Trent!
Here are 9 things about 9 months:
1. We have officially retired the infant bathtub. The other weekend, we bought a no-slip bathmat and removed the infant tub. He would just try to climb out of the infant tub the entire time, so we figured it was time to give him a little more freedom. Now he tries to climb out of the tub or just wants to stand the entire time. Bath time hasn’t lasted quite as long as it used to in the infant tub…perhaps it’s because he just wants to roam free now that he can?
2. We upgraded Trent to a convertible car seat. This one will go up to 100 pounds, so he’ll be in it for quite awhile. He’s loving all the extra room and is ready for our Disney trip! The only downside is that with this type of seat with rear bucket seats, it doesn’t lean far back enough, so when he falls asleep, his head leans forward (and we feel so bad!). The manual actually suggests to cut a pool noodle and place it underneath the one side so it can lean back a little more.
3. His “crawling” is more of an army crawl, but he gets where he wants to go just as fast, it seems. He pulls himself up to stand all the time and moves alongside furniture that he can hold on to. I am grateful that we have carpet in most rooms of the house, so it is more comfortable to him, especially if he falls. We’ve baby proofed some things, but we have some more tasks on the list.
4. The other day, he started making Chewbacca noises and he hasn’t stopped.
5. We’ve picked a 1st birthday theme and we’ve started going Pin-crazy on Pinterest. But in true Svenson fashion, we haven’t told anyone yet (perhaps because we are always scared we’ll change our minds…) so thank goodness for secret Pinterest boards!
6. He loves his swing in the backyard! I just realized I forgot to to post anything about it, but several weeks ago, Brett built Trent a swing set in the backyard using this swing that Trent got for Christmas. Even though the park is only about a 10 minute walk away, having a swing in the yard has been so convenient and he gets to swing more often.
7. Trent had a mini-date last weekend! Brett has taken newborn, 3 month and 6 month photos of this sweet little girl and for her 6 month photos, we all took a trip to a nearby park/lake. Of course, we couldn’t resist setting up some play-time on a blanket. Isn’t that lake such a nice picturesque background for a first date? hehe They stared at each other for a little bit, touched each other’s faces and then ventured off to try to chomp on grass and leaves. Sounds like a successful first date to me!
8. He’s still being a picky eater and still doesn’t like peas, carrots or ground turkey on their own. We’ve given him small bits of cheese, yogurt drops, and are still going strong with past favorites: sweet potatoes, pears, blueberries and applesauce. Often, we’ll try to give him something we’re eating, but it’s usually a no go. He did really well when we braved Outback Steakhouse last Friday…it was an hour wait and then an hour long dinner. We ordered him a plain sweet potato and ate the entire thing and was just a happy baby the entire time. Same thing at Sonny’s – give the kid a sweet potato and he’s good to go.
9. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
If you enjoyed this post, please leave a comment below, share it or…
Subscribe by email | Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Pinterest | Subscribe on YouTube