Who’s excited for all the yumminess coming our way in just a few days? I’m pretty lucky because Brett does the cooking for the Thanksgiving dishes we bring, but if you are still looking for some recipe ideas, Hormel has a special page just for you!
One of my favorite dishes that Brett makes is sweet potatoes. They are so good with all that streusel and marshmallows on top! Here is a quick sweet potato recipe from Hormel to try!
Fully Loaded Sweet Potatoes and Turkey
Serve this easy side dish for your next get together.
- Gluten Free: Yes
- Serving Size: 4
- Total Time: Under 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: Under 15 minutes
- 1 (21-ounce) package HORMEL® COUNTRY CROCK® Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (15-ounce) package HORMEL® Turkey Breast with gravy entree
- Cooked green beans, to serve
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- In medium bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter and pecans; mix well. Spread into pie plate. Bake 20 minutes or until hot. Top with marshmallows. Bake 7 to 10 minutes longer or until marshmallows are golden.
- Heat turkey according to package directions. Serve turkey and gravy with sweet potatoes and green beans.
Check out these Holiday Entertaining tips from Hormel:
Holiday Entertaining 101: How often have you reminded yourself or others that time with family and friends is the most important part of the holiday season? As wonderful as this sentiment is, it’s easy for it to go right out the window when you’re stressed about an unexpected house guest or a last-minute pot luck. Luckily, these simple tips from the Hormel Foods test kitchen will help keep the stress at bay, leaving you time to focus on what really what matters this fall.
- Time it Right: Whether this is your first year entertaining or you’re known as a pro, everyone could use an extra few minutes around the holidays. One way to cut corners in the kitchen, while still delivering a rave-worthy meal, is to rely on products that eliminate your prep time. For example, Hormel® Side Dishes and Hormel® refrigerated entrees take just minutes in the microwave to heat, allowing you to enjoy your favorite meals without spending hours in the kitchen.
- Easy Apps: No need to stuff, skewer, bake or broil elaborate or hard-to-make appetizers. Save time and energy by purchasing stand-alone finger foods like roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and Greek olives. Pair with an assortment of cheeses, crackers and meats from a HORMEL GATHERINGS™ Party Tray, and decorate with cranberries or ivy for an attractive presentation.
- Send-a-Side Dish: Host a pot-luck dinner and ask each guest to bring a side dish or dessert.
- Make-Ahead Menu. If you are planning a sit-down dinner, create a menu that can be prepared in advance. Lasagnas, casseroles, stuffing and many desserts can be cooked or baked ahead of time and frozen. The day before, chop, slice and dice any additional ingredients you’ll need the day of the gathering. A few hours before the party, you’ll be able to simply warm, assemble and serve.
Get Social with Hormel Facebook Twitter
This post was written by me as part of my involvement in the Hormel Family Blogger Program. Thanks for reading!